"All the world's a stage, and the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts."

- William Shakespeare

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Just Because...

My family is full of photographers for some reason. I think my older brother is trying to make a career of it - he's got talent, so there's no telling where he'll be going with it. My sister owns a crazy cool camera or two and really likes taking pictures, two of my uncles and my best friend are in the same boat; even my dad is a self-professed photographer. And then there's me. Now, I know I'm no good at people photography... taking pictures of people, that is. I don't even know the name of whatever that is, which has to prove something about my lack of talent. But I love taking pictures of pretty much anything else. And I have a blog so I figure I'm gonna use it to "showcase my talent"... I don't know... I just really want to put up some pictures I've taken over the years that I'm proud of and as a blogger I can do whatever I want... :)

Check these out if you feel like it. I just wanted to feel cool by putting pictures up online like all my photographer relatives. You know...

Oh! I should also mention that I have no idea how to edit these kinds of pictures so these are just straight from camera to computer to blog.


Old Castle window in Germany


Old Cathedral in Germany

(Apparently Europe is ripe for the picturing... just point and click and you've got a crazy photo)


Cool old house in a super small tourist-y village on an island in the middle of the Chiemsee (a river or lake...can't remember which one)


View of Paris from on top of the Champs-Élysées


Disneyland Paris!!


Disneyland Paris!! (at night)


Eiffel Tower (at night)


Switzer-Alps


Florida Sunrise


Bay of Fundy funny rock formation

I'm going to risk the possibility that I'll sound cocky in saying this, but please no one steal my pictures in order to make money. And don't pretend they're yours... But other than that, ... I dunno what else to say. I like posting pictures on posts - it makes me feel like I've accomplished something tangible.

I have to go practice the piano now. Suckdom. Also, I hurt my back snowboarding yesterday and there is no painless sitting or standing position, so double suckdom. But it was my fault for not stretching beforehand I guess. Lesson to all: STRETCH.

Keep it real!

3 comments:

Becky said...

i love lOVE LOVE your photos, Larissa!! Window boxes full of flowers are one of my favorite things on earth.
are you taking piano lessons??

Larissa Benfey said...

Indeed, I AM taking piano lessons. My teacher is Beethoven re-incarnate so it's crazy intimidating... but I'm learning slowly. :)

Carly Dodd said...

Those pictures are wonderful! I especially love the first one (window) and the bay of fundy one, though the florida sunrise is also lovely. You did a wonderful job with all of them! I had no idea you had such talents!