"All the world's a stage, and the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts."

- William Shakespeare

Friday, September 17, 2010

willpower

Hey, just thought I'd say something to give hope to those who sometimes lack willpower...

You know how in my last post I said I wouldn't spend money on anything, especially movies, for one month? Well, today I was holding Dexter Season 4 in my hands and it was only twenty-five dollars and I put it down and walked away.

That is huge for me.

I still can't fully believe that I did it. I feel more than a small twinge of regret, but I knew I wouldn't be able to live with myself if it only took four days for me to break a resolution.

So, yeah. I wanted to share that insignificant moment (insignificant to the world, not to me) with you all and maybe next time you're feeling like giving in ... to anything, I guess... you can think of that moment. I mean, if I can do it with my favorite tv show at such an amazing price - I think you can summon up a little willpower too.

But, dude - I can't wait til my 30 days are up. Today almost killed me... this is going to be harder than I thought. :(

Keep it real!

No comments: