"All the world's a stage, and the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts."

- William Shakespeare

Thursday, January 6, 2011

people's choices

So, the People's Choice Awards were on last night and I totally missed them but I'm trying to find a way to watch them online. I already know all the winners, but I still enjoy watching awards shows just for entertainment's sake.

I don't know who these 'people' are that are making the choices as to which actors will walk away with awards, but I definitely don't trust their judgement anymore. Not after I saw the list of winners from last night.








Whenever I see this one holding an award, I know something's wrong.











The Twilight Saga: Eclipse took away the most awards of the night. Which makes me want to cry. Because it's so sad that it is what kids call good cinema these days. And Adam Sandler won for best comic actor? Really?! There are more than seven people out there that found Grown Ups hysterical? Geez, it's enough to turn someone off of awards shows altogether.

I really need to find out who these people are that are casting votes. I can't even say that I hope they're all in the 13-18 year old category, because most of the winners last night were so ridiculous, I'd be ashamed to hear that a five year old had made the choice.

But that's enough of my negativity. I sound like such a movie snob... so I guess I should knock my pride down a notch or two by admitting that, no matter how often I claim to hate the franchise, I still own all of the Twilight movies to date. So, really, I can't say a thing about ridiculous choices other people have made.

On that pathetic note, I'll bid thee adieu.

Keep it real!

No comments: