"All the world's a stage, and the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts."

- William Shakespeare

Sunday, April 3, 2011

new blog post

That title was the most creative thing I could come up with. Can you tell my brain's been fried? School - I shake my fist at you...

For those of you that haven't heard me complaining about it in person, I have a few assignments due within the next three days that I've barely started. And yes, I'm well aware that blogging about it won't get them done any faster... in fact, I'm pretty sure this'll slow the process down. BUT it's been so long since I last blogged - I just had to write something.

I'll even try to keep this blog educationally focused. ...Is that a thing? I'm going to make it a thing.

According to a blog I just started following five minutes ago, April is National Poetry Month and I happen to be taking a few English literature courses in which I've read a poem or two. So I would like to take this moment to share with you my favorite poem so far. ...Actually, I can't say that in good conscience because I have about eight zillion favorites, many of which were written by Emily Dickinson - someone I didn't even know was a poet (I just knew she was a famous writer) until this year... And I call myself an English major. For shame...

Anyway, this 'favorite' poem is by William Carlos Williams (awesome name, btw) and it's called This is Just to Say.

I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold

If that's poetry, I like it.

Do you think my prof will count blogging with an 'educational focus' as something worth some marks? That would be awesome if she did because it's not like I'm ever going to finish any of these projects...

I guess I'll get back to them now.

Hey! Did you notice that it's spring outside?! I went for a short walk today (short was all I could afford) and it was glorious. I love this weather. I just thought I'd mention that.

Alright...

Keep it real!

2 comments:

Fyodor Lewis said...

I love that poem too! It never ceases to make me smile. I bet he got away with it too.

See you in class.

Carly Dodd said...

Awesome poem!
Poetry is actually pretty rad when it wants to be.