"All the world's a stage, and the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts."

- William Shakespeare

Thursday, January 12, 2012

WMTG

I've been sort of noticing a decline in my optimism or even just general happiness lately and it's completely unjustifiable because my life, though hectic, is bordering on fantastic. So I don't know what brought about this silly mood, but I know what I'm going to do to change it.

Today I created WMTG - "What Made Today Great".

It's pretty self-explanatory, really. My plan is to take a few moments everyday and just think about the experiences or whatever that happened over the past twenty-four hours which made my day particularly great. I may include more WMTG posts in future, or I may just keep my personal affairs to myself... but where's the fun in that? haha

Anyway, the reason why I'm blogging about it today is to put the idea out there. In case anyone else is feeling the winter blues or going through some difficult times or school is already starting to stress you out - whatever your situation, I'm sure WMTG can't hurt it :)

So here's my WMTG for Thursday, January 12, 2012.

1) I made an amazing thrift store purchase today. Brand new H&M dress with the original tags and everything [ for dirt cheap! :D ]


2) 30 Rock has finally come back with their newest season! :)

3) I got to write Jan 12/12 at the top of all my notes in class today.

4) I came home to find that my mom had ordered my favorite take-out for dinner.

5) I went to the archery range for the first time in a few months.


6) My fortune cookie (from my above-mentioned favorite take-out) read: "Your present plans are going to succeed" ... which means I should really start making some plans to do something! lol

7) I finished my first assignment of the semester and handed it in.

And 8) My dad gave me some really great advice in the car on the way to archery. His words have already helped me breathe a lot easier.

What's really great is the fact that I could still add more to my list! It's funny, when you start to look for the good stuff, you'll usually find a lot more than you were expecting. I hope it's the same for you! Even if you can only find one thing that made your day a little brighter, then WMTG has helped.

I may not blog about it, but I think I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for things to put on my list tomorrow! Might I recommend you do the same? You won't regret it ;)

Keep it real!

1 comment:

Carly Dodd said...

Brilliance, I'm copying, that dress is AMAZING wear it the next time we go ANYWHERE, and nuts to winter.