"All the world's a stage, and the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts."

- William Shakespeare

Saturday, May 8, 2010

Zoom Zoom?

Tomorrow I will be taking an all-day stunt driving course. I think I'm the only girl registered so no pressure... SOMEone has to break the stereotype that all women are horrible drivers... Tomorrow it'll have to be me. Like I said, no pressure. I've been excited about this for weeks, but now that it's almost here I'm mostly just nervous. I mean, I haven't driven a standard car in at least two years... but I'm very confident behind the wheel. Arguably too confident, if there is such a thing. My parents think so. I argue with that... 

What possessed me to take a stunt driving course, you ask? Well, I'm tired of watching awesome action movies with fantastic car chases etc and then getting into my minivan where the best thing I can do is weave in and out of traffic at high speeds. I don't want to be a dangerous driver - I don't like those guys. But I want to be able to drive fast, safely and *with style*. Plus, learning how to skid into a parallel parking spot is always a handy trick to know. That is apparently something I'll be learning how to do tomorrow.

I can't believe how nervous I am about this though. I'm just taking the novelty course. It's just for people who want to do a few tricks that they see in the movies. In a couple years I plan to actually become a certified stunt driver. That would look good on a resume, eh? But tomorrow's just for fun. All I need to do is relax and enjoy myself. I'm positive it'll be a blast. I love cars and I love stunts - what more could I ask for?

Anyway...

On a completely different note, I discovered that I have shin splints, so it means I can't run for a while until they go away. I bought new shoes so hopefully when I start running again the expensive shoes will keep the shin splints at bay. It sucks a little that as soon as I get into the groove of regular jogging expeditions I have to stop for long enough that I'll have to start back at square one again. A couple weeks ago I did 4K in 30 minutes. I was pretty proud, even though that's not spectacular by any means - it's still the best I'VE ever been able to do. So now I just use all the other equipment at my gym to make sure I don't fall behind even though I'm not running.

On Monday me and three friends are going to Niagara Falls for a two-day adventure. I would have loved to go to New York City, Los Angeles, or (best of all) Australia, but seeing as we are all poor students, we settled for Niagara for now. Traveling is traveling - it's always an adventure no matter how close you are to home, I guess. I'm looking forward to it. And then it's back to the daily grind... working at the doctor's office. Everybody's finding things for me to do there. It's fun enough. I can't wait 'til I have a job that I love. Still wondering what that'll look like, nevermind feel like. There are so many different things I'm becoming interested in. And yet, all of them are still within the film industry: actor, writer (of books OR screenplays), stunt something, director... all of those jobs sound appealing to me. Who knows?

I'm gonna go now though. I was in the middle of watching episode 6 of 'The Mentalist' Season 2... it's a good show. Hopefully I'll find time to write again soon. I'll probably have to rave about the stunt driving at some point. Though what I'm really looking forward to is not telling people what I learned, but SHOWING them. :D

Keep it real!

No comments: