"All the world's a stage, and the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts."

- William Shakespeare

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Chit Chat

It's Wednesday - I feel like I should write a new blog post.

The thing is, I don't actually know what to talk about and I'm not the type of person who enjoys rambling on about nothing. This post already sounds doomed.

Well, today I had a nice long chat with my Grosspapa (that's German for grandfather). We just discussed life and all that exists within each of ours. It was a good chat. I like talking to people who've experienced a lot during their lifetime. Wanna know something he mentioned that blew me away? Well - he said a lot of things that could fit under that category, but one thing in particular made me think a little.

We were talking for a brief second and a half about thunderstorms - we both like them which is cool.

"In the old days, during the war, when there was a thunderstorm it meant there would be no bombs dropped by airplanes."

Um... talk about a whole different world. How weird is that? These days when there are thunderstorms kids go running to their parents or hide under their beds. Back then, thunderstorms meant peace and safety! It's so hard to imagine living through something like that.

I don't think I'll be able to experience a thunderstorm again without being reminded of what my Grosspapa said today.

My day was hardly eventful, but it was still great. I like hearing other people's perspectives on the world...

...I think that's all I've got to say for now.

I guess I'll get back to writing and editing some more of my novel. It was kinda funny in that pathetic kind of way - today I was supposed to write more but after hours of 'working on my book' all I had added was two words: 'he sighed'. Luckily once evening hit, I picked up the pace a little. I'll try to keep it up for a little while longer. I work tomorrow after all.

Keep it real!

No comments: