"All the world's a stage, and the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts."

- William Shakespeare

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Clueless

This post is going to be short and sweet as I only have an hour and a half until I need to be lining up for a certain vampiric teen phenomenon of a movie and my flight for Winnipeg leaves in just over twelve hours but I haven't even thought about what I'm going to pack, never mind actually started packing.

But when I say short and sweet, I mean it. Emphasis on the sweet.


Soo, that's a half-eaten birthday cake - and here comes the story!

As some (all) of you may (should) know, my birthday's coming up this Monday. Being the type who doesn't really acknowledge the idea of growing older, it keeps slipping my mind. Like, yesterday for example. All my co-workers were talking about cake. Did I clue in? Not at all. So today when I'm told to come into the lunch room even though I'm covering the office lunch-hour, I still don't suspect a thing. When everyone starts singing 'Happy Birthday' I'm about to join in until I look at the cake. And then my face goes bright red. Because I was totally surprised and a little embarrassed but mostly .... well, the only way I can describe it is - warm and fuzzy all over.

Tomorrow my week will get even better when I embark on an adventure to Winnipeg to see my long lost friend Becky :D

For someone who doesn't like birthdays, the days leading up to mine may end up changing my opinion.

Anyway, I need to go pack right now. Also, my dad is trying to get me to figure out how to print off my boarding pass. Eek.

Keep it real!

No comments: