"All the world's a stage, and the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts."

- William Shakespeare

Friday, October 15, 2010

inside look

Today I had a few things on my mind and I thought it would be fun to show you instead of just talk about them with you. So, since I have a wildly entertaining (at least, in my opinion) imagination, we're gonna go on a little tour of my brain...

(This isn't actually mine, but let's pretend.)

You know how you can get a song stuck in your head? Or sometimes it's just a few lyrics playing over and over again all day. Well, today's was a good one:

(start watching from the 30 second point)

"I read with every broken heart we should become more adventurous."

And on your right - [pretend I'm speaking like Tour Guide Barbie now] - you'll see one of my favorite clips from one of my favorite movies, The Count of Monte Cristo (with one of my favorite actors, Jim Caviezel):


"Life is a storm. You will bask in the sunlight one moment and be shattered on the rocks the next."

I also haven't been able to get this out of my head for the past few days:


I finished reading it just over a week ago, I think, but I'm still trying to process everything so I won't be able to write about it just yet. There's so much to say, but I have no idea how to say it. So, yeah... just thinking it through for now. Hopefully my brain won't explode before I get a chance to actually talk about it.

And then, of course, there's this stuff:

I wanna go to New York so badly right now!
Can you believe I've never been to New York City?
I mean, it's getting to be a little ridiculous!

Is it weird that something I once dreaded,
I now consider therapeutic?

And...
Yeah, I know it's still 72 days away,
but I love it so much!

Anyway, that it for the tour... Hope it was somewhat enjoyable... 

Yeah, I should probably get back to the one thing my mind doesn't want to think about, and that's homework. Soooo muuuuch reeading to do this weekend.

Super fun.

Not.

...I'll get to it.

Keep it real!


1 comment:

Fyodor Lewis said...

Nice insight into the workings of your mind. I especially enjoyed the Count of Monte Cristo part. I love that movie and I love the book. I listened to the book this summer while working and it kept me riveted for hours and hours.