"All the world's a stage, and the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts."

- William Shakespeare

Sunday, October 10, 2010

turkey day

So it's Canadian Thanksgiving weekend, eh?

I gotta say, I've been so busy lately I've barely had time to think so there's nothing in particular on my heart right now that I absolutely need to blog about. That being said, I'm so thankful for a break so this Thanksgiving will not go unnoticed - I'm very appreciative of it.

I've already experienced half of the Thanksgiving festivities I'll be privy to this weekend. Earlier today I drove for four hours to Brockville - I'm pretty sure it was Brockville - to have Turkey dinner with some of my dad's side of the family. Not everyone could make it but it was still pretty fun. I mean, it took a while to get interesting... for a while I thought the topic of conversation would stay on farming restrictions forever, but after about forty minutes we discovered something else to talk about (something I was eternally thankful for)! The greatest part though was getting to hang out with my immediate family. Two of my siblings don't live at home anymore and I'm usually only home to sleep or do laundry so it was good to all be in the same room for more than five minutes.

Tomorrow I'll be hitting up Courtice, Ontario to see the other side of the family so that should be another adventure.


Thanksgiving's a pretty sweet holiday if you ask me. There's no gift giving or candy hunts, there's just family get-togethers for the sake of getting together with family. And taking a break from the daily grind. I think it's cool that Thanksgiving's managed to stick around even though it's not the most exciting holiday on the planet and you always come out of it remembering once again that yes, your family is nuts.

So whatever your Thanksgivings look like, I hope you get a chance to sit back and relax, eat some delicious meals and enjoy time with family and friends.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Keep it real.

No comments: