"All the world's a stage, and the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts."

- William Shakespeare

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

decisions, decisions

I think I've come to the decision to repaint and redecorate my room. Maybe...

It took me so long to make it what it is today and I feel like it completely captures my zany, obsessive personality, so I'm a little hesitant to actually go through with a 'remodel'.

What brought on this idea, you ask? Actually, I think it was my birthday that did it. You see, I've recently turned 22. Very recently. And I know I don't act my age - I still live at home, I've never been in a serious relationship, I'm still in school... the list goes on and on. So I'm thinking maybe it's time that something reflected my age?

I know it could be considered weird to put up pictures of my room on my blog, but if I end up going through with this redesign thing, then you'll need some 'before' pictures in order to really appreciate the 'after'. Also, it's just pictures of my walls - nothing else.

Here's the short tour:


Okay, so to the naked eye, you may just notice a whole bunch of guys on my wall, but there are at least an equal amount of movie posters to guy ratio - and there are some smaller pictures of me and my friends scattered around. But hey! What do you expect? I like being surrounded by things that I like - aka movies and, yeah, good looking actors of the male gender. Also my friends.

I think it's more the effort I put into it than the actual product that is my room in its current state, but I'm really attached to something. I have no idea where to go from here. Posters are very '13 year old girl', especially in my particular case. I'm sure Robert Downey Jr would not appreciate how much his face is littering my walls... But what do I do?

If I made my room 'classy' that wouldn't suit me at all. I wouldn't feel comfortable despite the fact that I'd like how it looked. If I took down half the posters it would still look just as tacky.

It's an 'all or nothing' situation.

Ugh! I hate those!

I also need to do a major purge of stuff. I have too much and I barely use any of it.

Boo. I wish I could make a decision. I guess I did only just think up this idea within the last couple days. I can afford to sleep on it for a few more nights... I'm sorry you had to see my cluttered walls. Maybe one day I'll really grow up... for real. I can't say that I'm actually looking forward to it though :s

I'll bug you again later. Until then,

Keep it real!

No comments: