"All the world's a stage, and the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts."

- William Shakespeare

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Remember Me

I just watched a Robert Pattinson movie that FINALLY redeemed him as an actor! I had seriously lost faith in his acting abilities... you may have read one of my earlier (way earlier) posts that discussed How to Be... and by 'discussed' I mean tore to shreds. But Remember Me was a great movie with a full cast of talented people including Robert Pattinson. He was actually bordering on fantastic, I think. So huzzah!!


This is going to sound so lame, but I finished watching the movie over an hour ago now, and I still have a few renegade tears. Good tears, don't get me wrong. The film was incredibly moving, at least for me. But it pulled it off really well. Usually moving films (not moving pictures, so to speak - you know what I mean when I say moving, right? Like, they get you all swelled up and emotional inside... though almost anything can do that for me... still... I'm off topic.) Sorry, I was saying, usually moving films are something I shy away from. I love them, but I can't handle them. 'Cause they hurt too much to watch. Like A Walk to Remember, Finding Neverland... you know, those kinds of movies I can only watch once ever two years or so, if not three or four. But this one was such a great story, I already want to watch it again, despite the tears I know will come with it.

I don't know if you noticed, but I'm trying to tell you how great a movie this is without giving anything away... I'm not sure I'm doing a good job of it. And I know you'll think I'm biased because I think Robert Pattinson is gorgeous, but you need to remember, I was practically calling down curses on him before I watched this movie. Well, actually, I was praying he'd discover the talent I could see somewhere in him that he hadn't used in the Twilight Saga or How to Be. I was definitely impressed by his performance in this film.

Look, all I'm trying to say is give this movie a chance. Not only does it tell a real human story but it reminds us that the seemingly insignificant moments in life can actually be significant to somebody. A Walk to Remember was a moving love story and Finding Neverland was a moving coming of age ish kind of story. Remember Me is just real life. I think that is what makes it so moving.

Just do me a favor and watch it sometime. It wasn't made for screaming teenaged girls (or weird screaming moms), it's just a story that you need to hear. I'll probably own it pretty soon (when it's on the previously viewed shelves at Blockbuster) so you can just borrow it from me.

In other news, my giant crush on Robert Pattinson has returned. Oh joy. I thought this stage of my life was over. Apparently not.

Maybe school will serve as a nice distraction...

Until next time,

Keep it real!

No comments: