"All the world's a stage, and the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts."

- William Shakespeare

Saturday, August 14, 2010

three little words

There are three words I've been dying to hear and it's getting harder every passing day that I don't hear them.

"Back to school."

Seriously, I never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait for school to start this September. I think it has to do with the fact that: a. I'm taking amazing courses this coming semester and b. Full-time work is slowly killing me inside. Also... yeah, I'm not afraid to say this... I'm in love with learning. Work = mindless, routine activity - day in, day out. School = a clustercuss of brain activity, sometimes... most times... too much brain activity to handle but all I can say to that is Bring It On. (All or Nothing... In it to Win it... sorry, I got carried away, there are just so many movies references there...)

It's only three weeks away! I'll be able to read, write, socialize, sleep whenever I want. My life will be my life again. Sure, I'll have to do things like study and research and write essays on topics I don't actually understand, but at least there's a greater purpose in all of it. Unlike filing - where the only purpose is so that I can find that chart later in order to file it again later...

The fact that I still don't know what I want to do when I grow up (which, I'll have you know, is still far away) just makes me like school all the more. I've got plenty of time to figure out what to do with my life. Right now - fingers crossed for archer in the Olympics ;)


I guess I'll make the most of these last few weeks of working full-time. I mean, the greater purpose to filing is that it's paying for me to go to school, so there is that. Plus, I might be able to buy my own bow soon and practice on moving targets -- I mean, practice in my backyard away from people...

...Tomorrow it's my brother's birthday. Happy Birthday brother!

Keep it real!

No comments: