"All the world's a stage, and the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts."

- William Shakespeare

Monday, March 8, 2010

Oscars 2010

So the Oscars were on last night. I watched them. I'm trying to find the right words to describe it. Not their best year, but still entertaining. Actually, the opening was great with Neil Patrick Harris. And then at some point this happened...

Probably the best Ben Stiller presentation in Oscar history. His, "Once I announce the win I'll stand as far away as possible so not to take away from the winner's honour and ruin this moment for them" was PRICELESS. Pretty funny guy.

It was a surprising year too. So many people walked away with unexpected Oscars. It's like it was the year of the underdog. The Hurt Locker won for best picture. Who saw that coming? It was up against Avatar!! But then, the Academy probably wanted to look patriotic more than environmentally friendly. Because if there's anything America's known for, it's their patriotism.... That came out sounding sarcastic, but it's the truest statement ever. So don't read it sarcastically...

Anywho, my FAVOURITE moment was Sandra Bullock's win. :D I haven't seen the Blind Side yet (please don't throw things at me), but from the commercials alone I can tell how much of her heart she put into that role. I think she deserves credit for the hard work she put into it and the choices she made in the past few years. Plus, I just like her a lot so I have an automatic bias anyway. Down-to-Earth Rom-Com Queen wins an Oscar for stepping outside of the box and her comfort zone. Me likes.

Does it astound anyone else that it took 82 Oscar Awards shows before a woman won for Best Director? And it looks like it'll take a few more before an African-American wins. How come it took so long? That being said, good on ya Kathryn Bigelow!


Steve Martin and Alec Baldwin were pretty funny. There were a few laugh out loud lines which I really enjoyed. I'm still not sure why there were two presenters in the first place, but it worked out well. Plus, the shared pressure must have made it more bearable.

Bottom line, though: Bring Back Hugh Jackman :) That guy was (and still is) GOLD.


Keep it real!!

No comments: